- Fall is Time for Decorating!
- On the Pursuit of Perfection
- The End of a Great Show
- San Francisco Open Studios – Fall 2012!
- SF – Getting Greener with the SFPUC!
- Show Installation Complete!
- Invitation to My Upcoming Gallery Show in Downtown SF
- Guest Lecture at FIDM
- My Photos Selected by the SF Arts Commission
- Pretty Lights
Key Words2012 Architect Architecture Art artist Art Show atrisan award blog CFL Client Color Construction Contractor Cost Craftsman design Desk DIY Doors Estimates Extension Flooring Food furniture Glass Home Show IKEA Images incandescent Inspiration interior Interior Decorator Interior Design Interior Designer Interiors Investment Japan Japanese Kohler Lamp Las Vegas Leather LED Lego Light Lighting marketing Materials Organize Paint Palm Springs Paper Photography Photoshop Polifko remodel Renovate Renovation Retail sales San Francisco Secrets Selection SFAC SFPUC Show startup studio Teardown toilet Tools UCBE UC Berkeley Windows
- © David Polifko and DP Design and Fabrication 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to DP Design and Fabrication with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Thank you!
Category Archives: Design/Architecture
Yesterday evening I watched a film called ‘Jiro Dreams of Sushi’. It’s a documentary film about a Japanese man named Jiro Ono, who is celebrated as one of the most talented sushi chefs in the world. For those who might … Continue reading
Last week I was fortunate to have been on the very first tour of the new San Francisco Public Utilities Commission Headquarters. Along with two of my friends, we were hoping to see the location of where two of my … Continue reading
This past weekend San Francisco’s new 4000 sqft Lands End visitor’s center opened. Eager to check out this project I stopped by to gauge its success. The original underutilized plot of land was nestled alongside Point Lobos Road a few hundred feet from … Continue reading
Spring always seems to be a hectic season – there’s tax preparation, travel planning and adjusting to daylight savings time. And of course for my students, there are mid-term presentations. This past week my design studio class was devoted to … Continue reading
I recently read two interviews with Land Rover’s Principal Color Designer, Melanie McWhirter. As my readers know, I have an affinity for luxury and sports cars. Often there is a fantastic balance between design and craftsmanship that mirrors fine furniture … Continue reading
I’m always astonished when I find a tool to help me with my design process that is both free and extremely powerful. The most recent of these is called GuideGuide. I recently stumbled upon this useful Photoshop extension and immediately … Continue reading