- Fall is Time for Decorating!
- On the Pursuit of Perfection
- The End of a Great Show
- San Francisco Open Studios – Fall 2012!
- SF – Getting Greener with the SFPUC!
- Show Installation Complete!
- Invitation to My Upcoming Gallery Show in Downtown SF
- Guest Lecture at FIDM
- My Photos Selected by the SF Arts Commission
- Pretty Lights
- Art Show
- Home Show
- Interior Decorator
- Interior Design
- Interior Designer
- Las Vegas
- Palm Springs
- San Francisco
- UC Berkeley
- © David Polifko and DP Design and Fabrication 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to DP Design and Fabrication with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Thank you!
Category Archives: Furniture/Fittings
Last week I was invited to talk to interior design students at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in downtown San Francisco. Furniture design was the subject and topics included construction, defining quality, specifying, selecting and the business of … Continue reading
Irish designer Joseph Walsh is a self-taught wood worker and furniture maker that creates sinuous and effortless interpretations of every day pieces. Mirroring the natural responses of water and wind, he transforms wood into graceful forms that bend and mutate … Continue reading
There are many elements in the home that never quite seem to get proper attention from builders or homeowners. HVAC registers and light switches are two prime candidates that needlessly suffer. Typically when a product isn’t specified, contractors often go … Continue reading
Many times I’ve been told that there are no new ideas in the world of design (including interiors, art, clothes, music, movies, etc.). I believe there is some truth to this. Designs are continually recycled, slightly tweaked or infinitesimally improved … Continue reading
Perhaps the oldest of features you can have in your home is a fireplace. Up to a few hundred years ago, they were the source of heat for interiors and cooking. Now they’re mostly a visual reminder of our connection … Continue reading
When it comes to windows we usually want them to block the elements and hope that someone else will wash them. There are the usual choices of vinyl, wood and aluminum – double or triple pane – low “e” and gas … Continue reading