- Fall is Time for Decorating!
- On the Pursuit of Perfection
- The End of a Great Show
- San Francisco Open Studios – Fall 2012!
- SF – Getting Greener with the SFPUC!
- Show Installation Complete!
- Invitation to My Upcoming Gallery Show in Downtown SF
- Guest Lecture at FIDM
- My Photos Selected by the SF Arts Commission
- Pretty Lights
- Art Show
- Home Show
- Interior Decorator
- Interior Design
- Interior Designer
- Las Vegas
- Palm Springs
- San Francisco
- UC Berkeley
- © David Polifko and DP Design and Fabrication 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to DP Design and Fabrication with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Thank you!
Tag Archives: Architecture
While writing about Dieter Rams’ 10 important principles for good design, I started to think about my own approach to design. The minute I meet a new client or see a new (or poorly designed) space, my instinct to form … Continue reading
Over the past extended weekend, I was fortunate enough to vacation down in sunny Palm Springs, CA. Home of the Kaufman and Frey houses, delicious sugary dates, the Cabazon outlet mall and blistering temperatures; it was a satisfying respite from … Continue reading
For those unfamiliar with the PCBC (Pacific Coast Builder Conference) it is one of the largest regional builder’s shows in the US. It’s a constructive blend of builders, developers, designers, architects, engineers and vendors that swap ideas and learn about … Continue reading
Perhaps the oldest of features you can have in your home is a fireplace. Up to a few hundred years ago, they were the source of heat for interiors and cooking. Now they’re mostly a visual reminder of our connection … Continue reading
When it comes to windows we usually want them to block the elements and hope that someone else will wash them. There are the usual choices of vinyl, wood and aluminum – double or triple pane – low “e” and gas … Continue reading
One of the most overlooked materials for flooring has to be leather. Wood, tile, linoleum and carpet are the typical products underneath us and our furniture. And although leather is never far from most of our feet, we tend not to … Continue reading