- Time for a Pause
- Fall is Time for Decorating!
- On the Pursuit of Perfection
- The End of a Great Show
- San Francisco Open Studios – Fall 2012!
- SF – Getting Greener with the SFPUC!
- Show Installation Complete!
- Invitation to My Upcoming Gallery Show in Downtown SF
- Guest Lecture at FIDM
- My Photos Selected by the SF Arts Commission
- Pretty Lights
- Registration Open for My Summer Furniture Class!
- Invitation to Meet the Artist
- Lands End Lookout – A Great Addition to SF
- Happy Anniversary to Me
- Obey the Screen
- Just Past the Halfway Point!
- The Inspiration behind a Car Color Name
- Stunning Design by Joseph Walsh
- 10 TIPS: DIY INTERIOR DESIGN
© David Polifko and DP Design 2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to DP Design with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Thank you!
Tag Archives: design
Yesterday evening I watched a film called ‘Jiro Dreams of Sushi’. It’s a documentary film about a Japanese man named Jiro Ono, who is celebrated as one of the most talented sushi chefs in the world. For those who might … Continue reading
Last week I was invited to talk to interior design students at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in downtown San Francisco. Furniture design was the subject and topics included construction, defining quality, specifying, selecting and the business of … Continue reading
Last week I made a quick day trip to Las Vegas to see the lights. Not casino lights, but rather Lightfair 2012. It’s the world’s largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference with over 500 exhibitors spread … Continue reading
Last summer I was asked to create and teach a class at UC Berkeley Extension called Designing and Customizing Furniture and Fixtures. It was a great success and this summer I’ll be teaching it once again. Registration is now open … Continue reading
So one year has passed since I ambitiously launched this design blog. My conclusion so far: it is a lot of work! My original goal was to create this for the benefit of my students, colleagues and for people who … Continue reading
I recently read two interviews with Land Rover’s Principal Color Designer, Melanie McWhirter. As my readers know, I have an affinity for luxury and sports cars. Often there is a fantastic balance between design and craftsmanship that mirrors fine furniture … Continue reading