- Time for a Pause
- Fall is Time for Decorating!
- On the Pursuit of Perfection
- The End of a Great Show
- San Francisco Open Studios – Fall 2012!
- SF – Getting Greener with the SFPUC!
- Show Installation Complete!
- Invitation to My Upcoming Gallery Show in Downtown SF
- Guest Lecture at FIDM
- My Photos Selected by the SF Arts Commission
- Pretty Lights
- Registration Open for My Summer Furniture Class!
- Invitation to Meet the Artist
- Lands End Lookout – A Great Addition to SF
- Happy Anniversary to Me
- Obey the Screen
- Just Past the Halfway Point!
- The Inspiration behind a Car Color Name
- Stunning Design by Joseph Walsh
- 10 TIPS: DIY INTERIOR DESIGN
© David Polifko and DP Design 2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to DP Design with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Thank you!
Tag Archives: furniture
Last week I was invited to talk to interior design students at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in downtown San Francisco. Furniture design was the subject and topics included construction, defining quality, specifying, selecting and the business of … Continue reading
Last summer I was asked to create and teach a class at UC Berkeley Extension called Designing and Customizing Furniture and Fixtures. It was a great success and this summer I’ll be teaching it once again. Registration is now open … Continue reading
Irish designer Joseph Walsh is a self-taught wood worker and furniture maker that creates sinuous and effortless interpretations of every day pieces. Mirroring the natural responses of water and wind, he transforms wood into graceful forms that bend and mutate … Continue reading
Many times I’ve been told that there are no new ideas in the world of design (including interiors, art, clothes, music, movies, etc.). I believe there is some truth to this. Designs are continually recycled, slightly tweaked or infinitesimally improved … Continue reading
Today I’ll bring a little bit of class into the blog. And by class, I mean the one my enthusiastic and talented students are attending this summer to learn the ‘ins’ and ‘outs’ of furniture design and customization. One topic … Continue reading
Last week was “San Francisco Design Week” where there were a variety of events and open studios throughout the city. Some friends and I were able to see a handful of studios, reconnect with friends from … Continue reading