- Fall is Time for Decorating!
- On the Pursuit of Perfection
- The End of a Great Show
- San Francisco Open Studios – Fall 2012!
- SF – Getting Greener with the SFPUC!
- Show Installation Complete!
- Invitation to My Upcoming Gallery Show in Downtown SF
- Guest Lecture at FIDM
- My Photos Selected by the SF Arts Commission
- Pretty Lights
- Art Show
- Home Show
- Interior Decorator
- Interior Design
- Interior Designer
- Las Vegas
- Palm Springs
- San Francisco
- UC Berkeley
- © David Polifko and DP Design and Fabrication 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to DP Design and Fabrication with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Thank you!
Tag Archives: interior
There are many elements in the home that never quite seem to get proper attention from builders or homeowners. HVAC registers and light switches are two prime candidates that needlessly suffer. Typically when a product isn’t specified, contractors often go … Continue reading
I’m always astonished when I find a tool to help me with my design process that is both free and extremely powerful. The most recent of these is called GuideGuide. I recently stumbled upon this useful Photoshop extension and immediately … Continue reading
I’m a very visually oriented person who loves to collect books and magazines for knowledge, inspiration and perhaps simply just to collect. With the discount rates for most magazines being particularly attractive, I unfortunately tend to amass way too many … Continue reading
When it comes to windows we usually want them to block the elements and hope that someone else will wash them. There are the usual choices of vinyl, wood and aluminum – double or triple pane – low “e” and gas … Continue reading
One of the most overlooked materials for flooring has to be leather. Wood, tile, linoleum and carpet are the typical products underneath us and our furniture. And although leather is never far from most of our feet, we tend not to … Continue reading
E26 Standard/Medium Edison Screw Base Lamps I think light is the most overlooked and misunderstood aspect of interior design. Notice I didn’t say “lighting”, which is more about the fixture or luminaire (layman’s term: lamp) and the lamp (layman’s term: … Continue reading
The Japanese have officially been dethroned in the commode competition. Kohler (American) has raised the lid on prices, design and functionality with their new Numi (or K-3900-0 model if you need to order) for $6390. Toto’s (Japanese) tired old Neorest … Continue reading